MORRIS WINCHEVSKY SCHOOL: Toronto’s Secular Jewish Community School
is hiring for an 8-week summer student position to assist in digitizing curriculum.
CURRICULUM DIGITIZATION PROJECT
Starts: July 3, 2017
Application Deadline: Monday, June 5, 2017
The Morris Winchevsky School is a small alternative Sunday School, offering progressive secular Jewish education for children from pre-school to Bar/Bat Mitzvah (Grades 7/8). Our program explores Jewish culture, holidays, history and ethics from a humanistic perspective and is dedicated to excellence in experiential education on secular Jewishness and social justice.
Opportunity for student to gain experience working in the not-for-profit sector, and to acquire basic skills in the organization and filing of curricula material.
The primary focus will be to create digital files of curricula materials. The student will be afforded the opportunity to develop organizational skills, communication skills, as well as skills in research and project development.
Duties will include:
- Working with project lead on arrangement and description
- Preparation for transfer of materials from print to digital files
- Scanning of materials
- Tasks relating to digital inventory including developing a filing system and data entry
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with curricula materials an asset
- Knowledge of Yiddish and/or Hebrew an asset
- Full-time university/college student
- Continued full-time enrolment in course of study, September 2017
Terms of Employment:
8 weeks, 30 hours per week @ $15.00 per hour
Start date: July 3, 2017; End date: August 25, 2017
Please email covering letter and résumé to the Hiring Committee
DEADLINE: MONDAY, JUNE 5, 2017
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
To download this information click here.