MORRIS WINCHEVSKY SCHOOL: Toronto’s Secular Jewish Community School
is seeking the following permanent part-time positions for our Supplementary Sunday School – Downtown Toronto (Annex) Location
The Morris Winchevsky School is a small alternative Sunday School, offering progressive secular Jewish education for children from pre-school to Bar/Bat Mitzvah (Grades 7/8). Our program explores Jewish culture, holidays, history and ethics from a humanistic perspective and is dedicated to excellence in experiential education on secular Jewishness and social justice.
TEACHERS – Grades 1 – 3 and Grades 4 – 6
Starts: September 2017
Application Deadline: Monday, June 19, 2017
Our curriculum includes Jewish history, culture, language and holidays. Teachers are responsible for delivering interactive and engaging lessons and imparting a sense of Jewish identity, history, community and culture.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Unit/Lesson planning in conjunction with the Education Director
- Teaching on Sunday mornings
- Professional development and team meetings as necessary
- Special event/holiday preparation and participation
Successful Candidates will have:
- Experience with teaching, facilitation and/or program leadership
- Background in Jewish history, culture & holidays
- Understanding of progressive secular Jewish philosophy
- Background in experiential learning
- Creative, child-centered approach to teaching
- Yiddish and/or Hebrew an asset (not a requirement)
- Artistic ability a plus (eg. music, drama, new media, other arts-based activities)
- Creative, enthusiastic, energetic personality
Please email covering letter and résumé to the Hiring Committee
DEADLINE: MONDAY, JUNE 19, 2017
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
To download this information click here.